Thursday, July 10, 2008

Song for today

One of the things I love about music, and hymns in general is the timeless element. I so enjoy spending time with the elderly people at church and singing with them. One of my favorite ladies is mostly blind so she can't read, but she knows the songs by heart. She and Grace love singing together.

At night when I put Grace down I sing her the song "Thank you Lord". The chorus says:

Thank you Lord, for saving my soul
Thank you Lord, for making me whole
Thank you Lord for giving to me,
Thy great salvation so rich and free.

It always calms her down, especially in the middle of the night. I have memories of my mom singing that song to me when I was little, and am glad I can pass that on to my daughter.

Yesterday we were playing and she was giving me a hug. She said "I am the mommy and you are my baby" She was patting me on the back and started singing "Thank you Lord, for saving my soul." It was so cute. I hope that she will have a daughter someday and be able to pass along the song, and the thought.

Thank you, Lord.


No comments: