Tuesday, July 15, 2008

More fun times...

Thursday we were down in San Diego again Thursday as Gunnar had more meetings to attend. We actually saw some of the sunrise on the way down, which is never in my idea of fun. Grace and I hung out at the Jr. Hilton's while Gunnar took the trolley downtown for his meeting. My sister Maria and my mom came over and hung out so that was fun. We went to Barns and Noble's and walked around, and briefly saw my Aunt and her husband. We girls all really enjoy hanging out together, so it is always nice when it works out.

By the way, Ann is due this weekend, and recently posted the her latest belly pictures on her blog. I am sure I am a little prejudiced because that is my niece after all that she is carrying, but I really do think she is pretty much the cutest pregnant person ever!!

Seeing as we mostly were sitting around relaxing I didn't take too many pictures. Just a couple of Grace.

When Gunnar finished his meeting downtown he picked us up and we headed to my mother-in-laws. On a totally side note, I love her chalk board. I think it is the bottom of a wine barrel. It is really cute !We had burgers and hot dogs and salads, lot of yummy food. She knows we try to keep Grace on a healthy diet, so she froze grapes for dessert. They were really good, especially since it was a nice warm day. Grace enjoyed playing with them, as well as eating them. Sometimes it amazes me what will captivate her for a long time. She transfered them from a water bottle to a cup and back again...oh 30 times.
"Look, I am a plant in the garden"-Grace

Chim, chimminey, chim chim, cherry.....We didn't realize they actually burnt wood in that chimney! That is until Grace was climbing in it. She thought it was a blast and thankfully, I had extra clothes with me. :)
From La Mesa we headed out to Alpine, to my father-in-laws. For anyone familiar with San Diego county, yes, we pretty much hit the entire county! We got to Alpine later in the evening and at that point, Grace had fallen asleep in the car and was completely exhausted. Even the banana was not much help, which is unusual for Grace.


While Gunnar was showing her the hummingbirds (you have never seen such people friendly hummingbirds), he got an important call from the Hugh Hewitt show. They are giving us free tickets to Disneyland so be sure to listen Tuesday (today) as we will be at Disneyland with them. I think you can listen online at KCBQ. The show will be on live from 3-6. I think Gunnar is challenging the producer of the show to a shoot out duel on some new ride. Pretty much the honor of the SEAL teams rests on his shoulders. It should be fun.

He then went online to show his dad something. At this point Grace was sitting there saying "I want to go to my new house". I loved how this picture captured her emotional state. Poor baby.


We headed home not long after that. We were exhausted but glad we were able to see so many people we love.

No comments: