Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Birthday Fun part 3

Day three my parents had already gone home, so it was just the four of us. Gunnar and I have diffrent approaches to vacations. I am home all the time, so I like to get out of the house, take fun pictures, see fun things. Grace is with me on this one. Gunnar is out of the house, and doesn't have cable, so he likes to lay around going in and out of sleep while watching COPS. The great thing about this trip, was that it was the best of both worlds. He could hang out and nap and Grace and I could go for fun walks.

Grace and I took bananas and croissants and had breakfast at the beach. So much fun. The weather was BEAUTIFUL the whole time we were there, and we were perfectly comfortable in short sleeves. I love southern California!

After breakfast Grace went on the swings and played on the playground for a long time.
Finally, I convinced her to go for a walk on the pier. The pier had names carved in it the whole way up. We looked for names she could recognize.
We found Anna, Grace, Elizabeth, John, Mary, Lynn, Dick, Carol, ect....but of course no Gunnar. That is what he gets for having the coolest name ever.
We also saw pelicans, which was a great score for a three year old.
There were a bunch of surfers out, and Grace enjoyed watching them. We saw a girl surfer with a red wetsuit and long blond hair. Grace thought it was the coolest thing ever and wanted to pretend to be her that night in the bath. Funny kid.
The hotel (or timeshare?) was beautiful, and I couldn't help but take Grace's picture in the lobby.
We also went to the library and walked around downtown, but taking pictures with a baby strapped to the front of your body can be rather challenging.

We finally coaxed Gunnar out of the room for dinner. We went to Ruby's at the end of the pier and watched the sunset. Grace was tired of walking, but I was too, and she is too heavy for me to carry anyways. Gunnar was already carrying Ellie, so he put Grace on his back. No wonder I call him "super dad."

No comments: