Monday, April 20, 2009

Family Easter

Our family Easter celebration had two parts to it. We kicked it off with a trip to Gunnar's moms. Grace got an Easter basket with all sorts of goodies. Grace had her first try of peanut M & M's, and surprise, surprise, was a big fan. She also was a crazy sugar hyped kid the rest of the evening, but oh well, it is only Easter once a year, right?

On Easter Sunday, we had the rest of our family up for Easter dinner. It was an absolutly beautiful day so we ate outside on the back patio. The food was all delicious, and everyone pitched in, so it wasn't too much work for any one person.
I didn't take too many pictures with my camera, as we took a ton of pictures of the girls with Michael's camera, so I think I had my picture taking fill. We did take a picture with Gunnar's dad before he took off.
Before my family left, they joined us in Grace's nightly routine of "Devo's" (nightly devotions, for those of you who aren't pastor's kids) and prayer. I guess I should have paid better attention to what Grace was doing when I was taking the picture. Opps.
Most families take a group picture Easter morning, when everyone looks good and is wearing their best. Who wan'ts to be like everyone else, right? How boring! We finally remembered to take family picture after a LONG day of two services and a bunch of company. Grace in her Pj's, Gunnar in his BBQ clothes, and I was still in the dress I wore to church, but mostly becuase I have so few articles of clothing that fit that I wasn't worth changing.
We hope your Easter was blessed!

No comments: