Friday, April 17, 2009

Easter Sunday Then and Now

We had a wonderful Easter Sunday. God has been so good to Valley Baptist Church. Sunday morning during the worship service I got choked up thinking about how far the church has come. When I got home, I looked up the pictures from last year, and looking at the pictures I got choked up again. The growth has been way more than I ever thought possible.

Anyways, see for yourself.

Easter last year, stats: 32 present
Easter this year, stats: 8:30 Service-47, 10:30 Service (pictured below)-90
Sunday School last year:
This year:

Of course I know that the growth is due to God's hand working, but I also firmly believe it wouldn't have been able to happen without Gunnar's determination, hard work, and good preaching.
So, way to go Gunnar! I think you are the greatest!! I am so proud of all God has done through you! Plus, you look great in a suit. :)

P.S. I love this picture. The contrast between the guy with tattoos and the old lady....I love how God's word transcends all our differences. He is what each one of us needs, no matter where in life we find ourselves.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing a photo with Kacey, Isabel, and Lilah! I miss them! Next year you will have Becky, Kora, Reya, and Josias, too. I'm not to crazy about this pattern, but happy for you.

Janet