Saturday, February 27, 2010

Catch up...

Well, things have been rather hectic this last month. February is always a kind of busy month for us with our anniversary and Grace's birthday, but this month seems to have been even more busy than normal. On top of that, I haven't been too much in a mood to blog, as I feel like I have been either too sad to again talk about my daughters beautiful smiles, or I am too tired and just want to sleep. I am going to try to get caught up over next week (or maybe a couple weeks).

As a summary, the month started out with a trip to visit my grandpa and to visit my grandma's grave. The trip was to celebrate our 8th wedding anniversary since we love road trips and Grace LOVES going to the Hilton Ranch.

The next week was Grace's 4th birthday. We had a party at my parents house and also we had cupcakes at church for the superbowl party on Sunday.

The next week was Valentines day (we went to a dinner with the folks from Valley Baptist and The Chapel). I didn't get any picutres from that. That weekend was also George and Evie's going away, which I will post picures and share about. Last weekend was the funeral and graveside service for Tom, a man from our church who went to be with the Lord. Gunnar had been with the family the night he died, and it was a sad time for all of us. I didn't get any pictures from that either, but it kept us busy.

Last Monday, we crashed my parents trip to Warner Springs. I was so tired, I only took one picture. And it was as we were getting into the car. We had a great time relaxing though, and my parents even watched the girls so I could go in the hot pool. I was super excited!! Thanks Dick, for lining everything up!

This week was also Elizabeth's half birthday. She is crawling all over the place, and I took some cute pictures of her on her almost big day. We actually went to the mall and met her cutie cousin Elena and Auntie Ann for lunch. So I will be sharing those pictures.

Other than that, we met up with friends for lunch. We hung out at the house, did laundry, preschool, all the usual. The girls went to the Dr., Gunnar threw his back out, I have been trying to be more independent in preparation for Gunnar's trip to Mongolia. I am not really a fan of going places by myself with the kids as it is a lot of work, but I have been working on that. Oh, and speaking of independence, Elizabeth has started crawling and is into everything. No shoes or scraps of paper are safe at our house anymore! :)

Well, I think that sums things up. :) Now I just have to sort through the pictures and post them. Or maybe take a nap instead. :)

No comments: