Thursday, May 29, 2008

The Cats are back

I feel rather ridiculous writing more about the cat situation at our house. As it is, I think this is at least my third post on the subject. Hopefully this will be my last, as I don't foresee any big new developments. I think what worries me, is that if I don't stay on top of posting about cats (or chickens) I will end up being a crazy cat lady (or chicken lady), or one of those people who think their pets are actually people. Both of those thoughts frighten me.

But I digress, enough about my deepest fears. The kittens have staying with a foster cat mom, who took them on and nursed them after their mother was killed by a coyote. The owner of the cat, asked for two of the kittens in return for taking care of them. We only really wanted two, as six kittens would be a bit much. So she offered to sell the remaining two, which we agreed to. She called Monday and said our two were available for pick up.

They are quite a bit bigger than they were a couple weeks ago when we dropped them off, although they are still tiny and fluffy. They are a lot more mobile and active and very friendly. We are keeping them in the garage for now, as we would like to keep them from getting eaten if at all possible. Our plan is to move them to the laundry shed once they are a bit bigger.

Many people have been asking what or if we have named them yet. My parents always taught me "Once you name it you get attached to it" so I am quite hesitant in naming them as from all accounts, cats have a short life out in coyote land. So we will see. I wouldn't put it past Gunnar to name them, and Grace already said she wanted to name on "Tacky" so we will see.

Anyways, here are the cute little critters. And a picture of Grace at the end because she is so incredibly adorable (what? of course I am not biased).





No comments: