Friday, October 15, 2010

Happy Birthday part 3

As I mentioned previously, we had four birthdays in less than a month (and 5 different birthday event/celebrations). As exhausting as it all was, we had a ton of fun celebrating.

After Elizabeth's birthday on the 24th came my grandpa's birthday on the 29th. He turned 77. Not only that, but with the close proximity to the anniversary of my grandmas death (on the 17th) we thought it would be a good time to all head up to his house to celebrate. My whole immediate family went. All 11.5 (can't forget my baby nephew) of us drove up after church on Sunday. If you have ever seen "It's a mad, mad, mad, mad world" (one of my grandma's favorite movies, by the way) and the scene where they are all driving to get to the big W? It was pretty much like that. We made it their first (yay for us!).

All of us stayed at my grandpa's house (that fits 5-6 and there were 12 of us there!) so it was pretty cramped quarters. Grace, however thought it was great, as she got to bunk on the livingroom floor with Maria.
We spent the day hanging out and relaxing. The little girls made Grandpa a cake.
We picked and ate Russell's grapes (the ones the deer couldn't reach).
We took pictures of Elizabeth to showcase her new birthday boots.

The first picture is kinda of an inside joke due to a video of Grace talking about being a cowgirl. (If you haven't seen it, email me and I'll send you the link.) Even surrounded by horse poop she is a doll though.


After yummy bbq dinner we had cake and took a couple pictures.

An awkward group picture:
The great granddaughters:
And my very favorite. The August birthday people:

No comments: