Monday, September 15, 2008

Maria's birthday

For Maria's birthday we all got together for dinner and dessert. We went to Michael and Ann's and had pizza and opened presents. I was super excited because this year I actually thought of a good gift for Maria's birthday. Usually I am horrible at picking out gifts, so Gunnar comes up with the ideas. Gunnar usually goes for the funny, rather peculiar type gifts, so in years past she has been known to get a decent supply of packing supplies from us. This year, things were different. I thought of it months ago, and was even able to contain myself from spilling the beans. Strange I know. It's like I don't even know myself these days.

Here it is. The amazing gift and the amazing birthday girl.
We put some clothes on her to keep her dignity. Maria made the dress the mannequin is wearing.

Silly sisters!

Gunnar got some gifts too, but I didn't take pictures of them. He got a cool book on bbqing that looks like it will come in handy with his new grill that he loves.

After gifts we headed down town San Diego to Extraordinary Desserts. I have always wanted to go there, but this was my first time. Everything was beautiful and delicious.

The whole gang out front after a fun night.

No comments: