Monday, September 22, 2008

Cosmic Bowling

Most of my life I really did not enjoy bowling. Partly becuase the bowling balls are so heavy (and I have always been a weakling) and partly becuase I never liked how it is really bright and everyone looks at you backside when you walk up there to throw the ball. At least that is how it feels.

But then, 8 years ago I discovered something new. Cosmic bowling. Like bowling, only way better. It is really dark, but there is loud music and black lights and disco balls. The bowling balls glow in the dark, and no one is really looking at you. It is like party meets bowling. It was actually one of the first things Gunnar and I did together, so it has that sentimental thing going for it too.

This last weekend was the Chapel's annual bowling night. Last year we didn't make it becuase of the fires. So this year we were extra excited to go. Gunnar bowled in the competitive league and actually bowled one of his highest life scores (170-something I think). I bowled with Maria and Daniel and the just hanging out group. Grace spent most of the evening hanging out with Grandma Ta and Auntie Ann and Baby Elena, who weren't bowling. She was really overwhelmed at first with all the people and noise and lights, but by the end, she managed to work up enough courage to bowl a few frames on the kids lane. She loved it, so I think we should take her again sometime. They had the bumpers up and a special ramp so she just had to push the ball down the ramp. She got really excited to knock over the "sticks".

Here are a couple pictures from the bowling night, I didn't take too many as when I wasn't bowling I was trying to hold the cutest little niece ever.

My bowling buddy

Silly faces with Auntie Ann

My baby

Waiting for the pins to get knocked down...

No comments: