Thursday, September 11, 2008

18 years ago today


I was standing in the Sandberg's kitchen listening to Daniel talk to my parents on the phone, and I found out the news. I had a sister! I remember being beside myself with excitement.

A while later Mrs. Sandberg took us to the hospital. I got to hold her by myself and was so excited. I remember thinking she was the most beautiful baby I had ever seen, with all that dark hair. Pretty much my opinion hasn't changed over the years.

Maria was the cutest little girl! She has always been super funny and amused us all. I remember Daniel and I lying to cover for her when she was little because we didn't want her to get in trouble. From the moment she was born I think she had Michael wrapped around her little finger. As the family has grown, so has Maria's fan club. Gunnar has known Maria since she was 9 and has loved being able to be a part of her growing up. Especially the part that included giving her lots of caffine and sugar to make her hyper. :) "Tia" is one of the first words Grace learned to say. Grace adores "Tia" and when she is around, really could care less if I am there or not.

2001 on our way to Mexico housebuilding, WAY too early in the morning

At the sing-a-long sound of music

Christmas on the Prado (we have gone every year...for the last 8 years)

Ann and Maria on one of their many photography outings

Maria and Michael last christmas

Maria and Daniel at a wedding this summer.
Grace and Tia share a laugh

Maria is incredibly talented and is generous in sharing her gift with others. Her artwork has brought joy to so many. The tree she painted on Grace's wall, the portraits, the dresses, the many free haircuts, the purses are some of the ways she has shared with others.


Maria is super helpful and hard working. She is compassionate and sweet. She is funny and can always bring a smile to my face. She has a heart after God and seeks to please him in her life and actions. If you know Maria (or if you frequent my blog) you know that it is easy to find good stuff to say about her, becuase she is so wonderful! To know Maria, is to love Maria! :) Watching her grow up has been a joy and a privilege.


Happy 18th Birthday Maria! I love you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Maria is very blessed to have such a wonderful big sister! Thanks for sharing all the pictures!

Janet :-)