Friday, June 6, 2008

Squash, It's what for dinner

Last night we ate the first fruits of Gunnar's garden. As it was the first fruits, something deep with in me felt the urge to tithe it first. At least incorporate it into some kind of wave offering (I have always wanted to try that out). I think it comes from years as a pastor's kid. Anyways, I realize of course that technically we are no longer bound by Mosaic law, besides, I think it would have ended back up at our house anyways. So we went ahead and applied 1st Tim 4:4 "For everything God created is good, and nothing is to be rejected if it is received with thanksgiving."Gunnar was actually quite excited about it. Both becuase it was fun to eat something he grew, and he really enjoys squash. You could say he was grinning from ear to ear.
Grace on the other hand did not share his enthusiasm.

No comments: