Monday, June 9, 2008

Rhode Island Reds

The chickens are doing quite well. They look like full fledged chickens. Seeing as they live in the coup at the other end of the yard, I don't visit them too often but Grace and Gunnar enjoy visiting them every day. The reason I don't head down there that often is not just becuase I am lazy. On the contrary, I actually enjoy the walk. Actually, it is the time at the coupe that I don't enjoy. Grace insist on getting super dirty, which stresses me out (why, why must she stick her hands in the dirt and throw it on her head?). Besides, I have spent a lot of time with chickens in the past, so the novelty isn't really there for me.Actually, as a child I was never really that into chickens either.

The other day I did head down there for a bit so I could take some pictures of them. But the neighbor dogs came out and started to bark fiercely at us, so I only had a short amount of time to take pictures becuase we only had brought two hot dogs to throw at them. My favorite chickens are the two Rhode Island Reds. We tried to get Grace to hold one in order to recreate that classic family picture from my childhood. We will keep working on it.

No comments: