Friday, May 22, 2009

Mother's Day

Do you even remember Mother's day? It seems like such a long time ago already that I am unsure if posting about it now is totally lame or not. I have finally figured out how to get the pictures from my camera to my blog via the new computer though, so hopefully I will be able to stay more on top of keeping this updated. I just have to remember to take pictures, which I must say, I have not been doing so great at lately.

Anyways, back to Mother's day. We had a nice LONG day on Mother's day as after church we headed down for a double mother's day marathon. As I look through the pictures I realize that although we saw both our mother's, I didn't actually take a picture that included either mother. Opps.

Our first stop was to see Gunnar's mom, Carol. She had prepared a ton of food (which means a lot to me these days as I am really into eating) and it was a beautiful day to sit outside on the patio and eat and chat. We had a great visit as always, and of course before we left Grace made sure to go upstairs for a trip to Grandma Carol's beauty parlor. After getting to try on some of Carol's lipstick and what not, she made her way to the earing modeling. Carol has an amazing selection of earings (all clip ons, so Grace can wear them all) and Grace looks like a little kid in a candy shop trying them all on.

After hanging out for a while, we headed on to Mother's day celebration #2, at my brother and sister-in-law's house (more commonly known these days as Elena's parents). I was really tired at this point, so I mostly spent my time on the couch stairing into space. My aunt was in town and so it was nice to see her and my mom, of course. Grace enjoyed visiting with her adorable cousin. Here they both are with Grandpa Pa. I think Elena is trying to kiss Grace. Either that or slobber on her. Or maybe both.
Although I didn't manage to get a picture with either mom, we did manage to get a family picture before Grace changed into her pajama's to head home. You might be able to tell that she was a little tired at this point. :)
I spent the entire next day trying to recover from all that partying. I must not be as young as I used to be. :)

This was my 4th mother's day since becoming a mother, and I must say that I love being a mom so much. There is nothing more rewarding or challenging and sometimes exhausting. I am so blessed to have Grace as my daughter and for the opportunity to have another child to mother. I think in the mother department I have been more than abundantly blessed. I have a great mom and I get to be a mom to a great daughter. In the last couple years I also have been blessed to get to know Carol, who by choice took on the job of mothering Gunnar.

So to all the mother's out there, Happy Belated Mother's day. Thanks for making the world a better place!

No comments: