Saturday, February 16, 2008

Happy Valentines Day!

I know I am a few day late (for a Happy Valentines day) and I know no one actually enjoys Valentines day, but I figured I might as well wish you one anyways. :)

This week has been busy, fun, interesting, and odd all at the same time.

The busyness startede with some pastors from Kentucky came out on a survey tour (their church is helping us put on a VBS this summer). It was absolutely gorgeous while they were here. Blue skies and sunny. They didn't want to go home. One of them had never seen the pacific ocean, so that was a treat. Grace charmed them all by saying their names, giving them kisses and impressing them all with her Bible knowledge, needless to say she was a hit. :)

Wednesday night we had a church night out. It was in honor of Valentines day and everyone was invited. Seeing as the Chapel had a Valentines couples dinner the same night, some non-couples came up and spent the evening with us. We had a wonderful time. I am working on learning more about my camera, so I took a bunch of pictures of Grace to practice. She insisted on wearing her furn from Grandma Carol, which in this case was actually appropriate. Super cute.



A couple from the dinner:

I love how you can see the whole row of white hair in this one. We have such a wonderful group of elderly people at our church. They are such a blessing and so fun to be around. The man on the end started off the evening by showing us a picture of his great great grandchild. He called her his great great great grandchild and his wife had to remind him there were only two greats. So cute.

A strange thing about this week was the weather. It started it beautiful sunny and warm. Gunnar stained the little porch area on Wednesday while Grace watched him in her short sleeves. It was beautiful.


The next day it was freezing, cold and "our" mountains got a foot of snow. It snowed at our house but it melted as soon as it touched the ground. It was freezing and wet. My parents, Daniel and Maria were here that day and got to enjoy the beautiful view on the way home.

I have been on a crocheting kick, inspired by my grandma, who in currently undergoing chemotherapy. I have been making her hats to keep her head warm. Grace loved the last one I made for Grandma, so I made her a matching one.

When I was a little girl, my grandma used to make me clothes and pajamas and she would always put a red heart on them somewhere for me to find to remind me that she loves me. As a little girl I always loved it, So I made her a hat with a big red heart to remind her that I love her. Here is Grace in the matching one.

Lastly, A couple random pictures from around this week. We went to Panera and the Wild Animal Park on Friday.

Tuesday Grace was in the kitchen and I could hear her saying "Sit Honey lap" over and over again. I didn't understand what she was talking about until I looked in on her. Sure enough, she was sitting at the table, on Honey's (her baby) lap. Her other Baby, Beth, was sitting in the chair next to them. They were just hanging out, but gave me a good laugh.

No comments: