Wednesday, February 20, 2008

God is good

We spent Monday and Tuesday in Anaheim for a conference. A group of the leadership from our church all went. We had a great time hanging out and although I didn't go to most of the lectures, from what I hear, they were really enjoyed by all.Grace and I spent most of the time in our hotel room with Evie, one of the ladies from our church. Her husband didn't want her to be left alone, so she hung out with us. Grace absolutely loves Evie, so they had a great time hanging out. Monday night we spent the evening in our hotel room coloring and pretending to talk on the phone. Tuesday we had to check out of our hotel at lunch time, so after spending time roaming the halls (with baby Beth and her stroller in tow), we decided to try to sit through some of the speakers. Grace actually was amazing (I know I am biased) but she sat through 2 hours QUIETLY before she fell asleep on my lap. I was so proud of her and really enjoyed being able to hear the speakers.
Tuesday morning once the boys got off to their conference, we decided to get some breakfast. We went to the restaurant in the bottom of the hotel and were there hanging out when the hostess came up and handed me an envelope. When I asked her who it was from she said it was anonymous. The envelope said "God is good" on the front, and to my amazement when I opened the envelope there was $100 in cash in it. I have no idea who it could be from or why anyone would want to give me $100. I only knew a few people there, and they were all in the conference with Gunnar. Seeing as who ever it was didn't want me to know who they were, but wanted me to thank God, I did! As we sat at breakfast amazed, Evie told me many stories of miraculously providing for them when they were in the pastorate. It was so humbling to be sitting with this 80 year old godly woman and hearing how God had been faithful all those years. I am continually amazed at God's faithfulness and I am so blessed to see his hand working in my life. As the anonymous giver so truthfully said "God is good".

No comments: