Friday, April 9, 2010

Flashback Friday: OJ Simpson

Is it just me or do the rest of my blog readers just love the way I managed to flake on an irregular basis on my "regular" features. In my still rather exhausted, sleep deprived state of mind (can anyone say teething baby?) things tend to fall through the cracks around here.

Anyways, now that we got that sort of apology out of the way, I will get on to flashing back. This week takes us back to 1987. January to be exact. I had to look it up, although judging from Dick's sweet sweater, I figured late 80's was a good guess.

Rumor has it, this meeting was arranged becuase of something or other that someone had done. I probably should get better details on this.

That part is inconsequential, though, becuase the exciting part, is that Dick and Carol met OJ Simpson. You know, OJ Simpson, the one who "didn't" kill his x-wife and that other guy. Although now he is mostly the butt of jokes and all, but apparently, according to his Wikipedia, he was actually once a legit celebrity. And they met him. See?

And they asked him a question.

Next to the photos, in the album is this paper. That must have been what they were asking him. Of course what stood out to me was the fact that on the paper is my former last name. But OJ's signature is nice too. When I saw this, I thought it screamed ebay. Although I am thinking of waiting until Gunnar is famous, as then it will be doubly valuable.

I also really like how Gunnar made sure to write on the page who won the game.


Pretty awesome what you can find in people's garages.

No comments: