Thursday, June 23, 2011

Gunnar, celebrity in our midst

The first two weeks of May were quiet exciting at our house. After the killing of Osama Bin Laden, Gunnar blogged about his perspective as a pastor and a SEAL and all sorts of people wanted to talk to him about it. He was on three different local news channels, on a bunch of different radio stations, got to speak at his alumni banquet, and was in the local paper and his blog was featured on a couple other online news sources. In the grand scheme of things I guess it wasn't that big of a deal, but of course it isn't every day that your husband is featured on the BBC, so I was pretty excited about it! Here are some pictures from ours (and by ours I mean his) 15 min of fame.

The alumni banquet:
The local paper, and it wasn't even the second page, which is our good friend Dan is the editor for! :)

And the TV interviews. I even made it on for a half a second once. Back from when we were young and skinny.
Grace enjoyed watching her daddy on TV.
And a couple shots from the interviews, all of which were done at church.
I particulary like this one. Old Gunnar watching young Gunnar on the screen. Handy channel 8 still had footage from when he was 19 and in BUD/S.And the other two interviews.
I really like this one too. Especially Ellie's tiny pony tails peaking out over the chair. This one was my favorite interview.

No comments: