Saturday, August 20, 2011

July week 4

July 18: Coloring buddies

I love that Elizabeth is getting old enough that the girls can hang out and do stuff together. Although it may mean that wiping marker off the floor (and table and their legs and arms and anything else that gets too close) is a daily occurrence, it never fails to bless my heart to see them both diligently bowed over their artwork!
July 19: Orange Castle

There is something special about being a kid. You can take ordinary orange peels stack them up and pretend it is a castle made out of oranges. Having Grace around is a constant reminder of the fun I would miss out on if I lived in an all (or mostly) adult world where orange peels were immediately discarded and put in the trash. I mean, sure, my table is often sticky, but that really is a small price to pay for the twinkle in her eye as she explains to me yet another complex scenario she has thought up in her head!

July 20: Best errand ever!

I had to pick up a hat from In-N-Out (for a costume), so I HAD to go to In-N-Out. Of course I felt bad getting a hat without ordering food too! The girls (for some unknown reason) aren't big hamburger fans. So I enjoyed a animal style burger while they enjoyed their hats and stickers. Talk about the best errand ever!!

July 21: Grandma's jewelry box

Before dinner with Gunnar's mom we had a little girl time. Trying on earrings, necklaces, hair bows, and bracelets....you name it, she has it! The girls both were in heaven surrounded by so much "bling"!

July 22: "Meeting" Uncle Bart, Aunt Khet and Cousin Clara

I love technology! The girls got to "meet" their Uncle and his family that live in Cambodia. I love that technology makes it possible to know someone from the other side of the world. Cousin Clara is 3 months old and so adorable, we all enjoyed seeing her (and her parents, too of course)

July 23: And I would like them at the kitchen table...

We read "Green eggs and Ham" before our dinner to help us get in the mood. I think it helped our eggs taste better, or maybe that was just the green food coloring and the excitement! :)

July 24: Not quite the land of Canaan

Our grape harvest has been looking pretty good this year. We planted our grapes from cuttings from my dad's grapes that he got from cutting from the grapes at my grandparents house. And although it didn't take two grown men to carry them (one little girl was more than enough) it was exciting to eat them. I think all that waiting for the fruit to be ready makes it all the yummier!

No comments: