Thursday, October 6, 2011

Italy and Spain part 2

As promised here are a few pictures from the next few days of our trip.

September 10: City View

We spent most of the morning relaxing and hanging around the house. In the evening, we went out with Andrea to a point over looking the city of Florence. It was beautiful and a great way to get perspective on all we had seen the day before. After that we went to the grocery store, where I didn't take pictures but we had a ton of fun. Gunnar and I love grocery stores in other countries!


September 11: A God of the nations

We were so blessed to spend Sunday Logos Church in Italy. I think there is something so special about the cross language/cultural worship service. It gives such a appreciation for the greatness of Gods. He hears ALL of our prayers ALL the time in and ALL the forms they make take! I also love how so much of what is awesome about church is communicated without words. The love and spirit of worship can be felt even when the words are not understood

September 12: San something or other

I cannot remember the name of this place, but it was my favorite place we visited while in Italy. Unique, ancient, charming, incredibly beautiful. It was the perfect way to close out our time in that country. The Giorgi girls enjoyed learning to use my camera, so I ended up with a TON of pictures from there. This one is my favorite, especially with Eva in the background. :) I can't wait to share more pictures from here when I have more time. Also, fun fact: as far as I know this is the first picture EVER of Gunnar and I kissing.
September 13: Another day, another airplane

We woke up early and headed out to the Pissa airport. At this point, at our fourth different airport, third different country in a week, the kids are seasoned traveler. We were sad to say goodbye to our friends and Italy, but were happy to head back Spain.

September 14:To market to market

We spent the morning at the open air market. I could do all my shopping like this. The people, fresh air, yelling venders...ahh, so much fun!! Grace and I had fun finding and buying shoes for all us girls. We told Grace she needed to be super sneaky and not let anyone know she was an American (becuase it doubles the prices and makes you a huge pick pocket target). So she had fun being quiet (and using her small Spanish vocabulary). I am not sure we fooled anyone, but it was fun. :
September 15: Royal Andalusian Equestrian School

We spent the morning seeing the horse show featuring the Andalusian horses. The girls both LOVED it. Ellie kept squealing and pointing and saying "horse, horse." Gunnar has a horse ridding background and was super impressed with the high level of skill and horsemanship. I had been when I was a little girl with my grandpa, so it was a great trip down memory lane for me

No comments: